Thousands of students will graduate and apply for the same jobs, but the ones who get the best jobs have one thing in common: experience outside the classroom. Adding the Avnet Tech Games to your resume can be the difference that can land you the job that will launch your career.
The Virtual Games are open to college students nationwide.
The Onsite Competition is open to Arizona college students, culminating in a one-day event held each April. This next onsite competition will be held on April 6, 2013 at the University of Advancing Technology in Tempe, Ariz.
To participate, here's what you need to do:
1) Start by creating a user account here at the ATG website.
2) If you're a student or a faculty coach who is responsible for setting up your team, you can create one or more teams. Every game, virtual and onsite, is built around teams. Your team consists of the student competitors and, depending on the requirements of the specific game, a faculty member from your school serving as your coach.
2a) If you're just joining an existing team and not creating and managing a team yourself, you can just go to the Current Teams page and click "join" next to the team(s) you're joining. Then you're done!
3) The team's "owner" (which can be the faculty coach or a designated team member) signs the team up for each game. Teams, not individuals, register for games! Yes--this means you'll need to create a "team of one" if you want to sign up to compete in a game on your own!
4) The Avnet Game Owner will keep your team up-to-date with the latest news about the game. If he or she needs to communicate with your team directly, you'll see a note appear on your team's homepage.
5) Team owners and/or coaches -- make sure to use your team's homepage to keep in contact with teammates. Everything posted to the team wall is emailed to all team members.
6) Users all get their own Dashboard. Use this to check in on your teams, your game registrations (both live and pending) and general ATG news.
As your Games come closer, expect to see more announcements from the Game Owners about important upcoming dates. Also, make sure to keep an eye on the Calendar page for upcoming deadlines that might apply to you and your team.
Good luck and have fun!